Thursday, October 8, 2015

12,960,000 Seconds (of Recovery...So Far)



Granted, some of those I spent sleeping but even if you subtract the 6 or 7 hours per night that I average, the number of minutes I have consecutively chosen recovery over Anorexia since May 8, is still far and away, above any number I have achieved to date.

So while today marks only a mere 5 months of strict, Anorexia-behavior-free days, I feel like shouting from a roof-top because the further in the rear-view mirror Olivia gets, the easier it is to forget all of her promises (lies) and torture.

I'm counting seconds still because sometimes, my reality is that I have to fight for every second to stay in recovery.

One day I'll measure my recovery time in hours....then days...then months and years.

One day, Anorexia Nervosa will be something I recovered from and I won't even remember Olivia's name.


4 comments: